Posted October 26, 2023 in ClearCorrect
If you or a family member wants a straighter smile, there are several options, but the choice usually boils down to clear dental aligners or traditional metal braces. While many think metal braces can straighten teeth faster, that isn’t necessarily the case.
What it really comes down to is the severity of your orthodontic problems and whether clear aligners like Invisalign® or ClearCorrect® can correct them. While most dental patients with crooked or misaligned teeth would prefer the discreet method of correction provided by clear dental aligners, not everyone is a candidate.
The Good News About Invisible Dental Aligners
The truth is that clear aligners can treat most orthodontic cases quickly. Now, only the most severe alignment issues still require traditional braces.
In some cases, when intervention is received in early childhood, patients can even use clear dental aligners during their teenage years to complete treatment.
Some of the dental issues ClearCorrect® can treat include:
- Misalignment of teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth with gaps
While some patients with overbites and underbites require traditional braces, ClearCorrect® can achieve much more than most expect.
The 3 Top Benefits of ClearCorrect® Invisible Dental Aligners
While treating mild to moderate orthodontic problems, ClearCorrect® offers several advantages over metal braces. Some of these include:
- Convenience – Clear aligners don‘t require tightening or special tools to keep teeth clean. The aligners can also be removed while brushing, flossing, and eating. They can also be rinsed and replaced for easy chewing and additional brushing after meals.
- Aesthetics – ClearCorrect® aligners are virtually invisible and difficult to detect in everyday social situations.
- Effectiveness – The science behind ClearCorrect® ensures a gradual but speedy teeth straightening experience that is more comfortable than traditional braces.
What to Expect During Treatment With ClearCorrect® Aligners
When choosing ClearCorrect®, you are not left to monitor your progress. Be sure to choose a well-respected dental provider, like Gentle Care Dentistry in Las Cruces, New Mexico, to oversee your orthodontic treatment.
Our experienced dentist will evaluate your oral health and dental alignment to determine your candidacy for treatment with ClearCorrect®. If approved, you can expect the process to include the following steps:
- A digital impression is made of your teeth and gums.
- The impression is sent to the ClearCorrect® lab to create a series of aligners designed to straighten your teeth gradually.
- You will return to receive your aligners about two weeks after your impressions are taken, and our dentist will place the first set over your teeth.
- You will wear each set of aligners for two weeks before switching to the next set in the series.
- You will attend periodic visits with your dentist to monitor your progress. Any necessary adjustments can be made.
- In time, your teeth will achieve their straightening goals, and you can use the last aligner as a retainer.
ClearCorrect® moves teeth closer to their proper positions with each set of aligners.
The Most Important Thing About Clear Dental Aligners
These dental aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours daily to achieve the best results. This means that ClearCorrect® might not be suitable for younger patients. Mature teens and adults are the best candidates for this teeth-straightening option.
ClearCorrect® Provides a Bonus Benefit for a Bright Smile That Traditional Braces Can’t
Another advantage ClearCorrect® has is that during the last two weeks of treatment, our dentist can supply you with professional-strength teeth whitener to use as directed for even better final results.
While metal braces can damage and stain teeth, ClearCorrect® can leave you with a straighter AND whiter smile.